Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Beautiful Bonnie




She has her mother's smile and her father's eyes. The color is all her own, I was expecting a bay. Bonnie is showing some roaning to fit the rabicano pattern. Update 12/4/10 after seeing a trailer of the new Secretariat movie coming out I have to brag. The scene showed the newborn colt quickly getting to his feet to the amazement of a watching man. Bonnie was born at 4:00 P.M. on June 1st 2006. I held her and imprinted her just a few minutes because that was all my failing hips could handle of sitting on the ground. I folded her little forelegs under her, stroked her pretty face one more time then turned my back and painfully manuvered to get my fat , gimpy self up off the ground. Just as I made finally it vertical I was surprised by a playful little poke as my now standing filly nosed my backside ( a large target I admit). Little Bonnie must have been on her feet in under 15 minutes. Momma Joy was still laying down carefully watching us.